ST JAMES CHURCH
St James in Milton Abbas was built in 1786 to the design of James Wyatt RA. The beauty and orderliness of the Revived Gothic style (still evident in his north elevation) has now been re-established on the south side with a full-height openable glazed oak screen separating the Victorian south aisle from the original nave. It re-creates the elegant proportions of Wyatt's plan. Meeting / display space, kitchen and toilet have been constructed within the south aisle.
Architect and fundraiser - Tom Roberts