In 1860, a country lane into Dover became an urban street - Pencester Road - flanked by three-storey town houses. In 1885, the Independent Order of Oddfellows acquired three adjoining houses. Horizontal circulation between the properties remained poor for over a century, until TRA was tasked to resolve this. The ground floor shop remains, the first floor provides a smooth flow between a new hall kitchen and administrative offices, and the top floor is now residential flats with rooftop views to Dover Castle. The accommodation is linked by lift, staircases and circulation. The work included full interior refurbishment and exterior decoration.